Skip to main content

A few papers reach daylight

My long-in-the-drawer mini-trilogy about doxastic synonymy and slingshot arguments has finally reached daylight, published in The Reasoner. Here (starting on p. 4), here (starting on p. 5), and here (starting on p. 4). (I started thinking about these things in 2006 in a seminar on truth given by Prof. Ali Kazmi).

I must say, my experience with The Reasoner is quite positive, and not because they accepted the paper(s), but rather because:
  • Their feedback was really quick (three weeks or so).
  • Nevertheless, I had three competent reviewers.
  • Their helpful comments were forwarded to me together with an initial R&R.
Given that there are places where your paper might be stuck for almost a year, or places that either don't justify their negative decisions or send along pretty weird reviews, The Reasoner's way of handling things is certainly praiseworthy. Of course, this result is partially obtained by severe wordcount limits; yet saying stuff in as few words as possible is quite an interesting challenge. So, if you have something interesting to say and it doesn't take too many words, The Reasoner is a venue worth considering!

One more thing, I also see that the paper on definability of identity in higher-order languages (I talked about it some time ago) is now officially available through the Australasian Journal of Logic. AFAIK (two papers with AJL), feedback time and quality are really good, and I really like its being open access.

Comments