A postdoc position (3 years, fixed term “adiunkt” position in Polish terminology) in the Chair of Logic, Philosophy of Science and Epistemology is available at the Department of Philosophy, Sociology and Journalism, University of Gdansk, Poland. The position is to start between October 1, 2018 and November 30, 2018 (decision will be based on practical considerations). The contract will be first signed for 12 months, and will be extended by two more years, given appropriate progress. The application deadline is September 15, 2018.
The successful candidate will be required to pursue their research within the ongoing research project titled Conceptual, formal and practical aspects of forensic and judicial applications of probabilistic tools funded by the Polish National Science Centre, participate in the research activities of the Chair, in the life of the department, and in the administrative work as necessary. An opportunity of acquiring teaching experience might arise, but there are no teaching obligations associated with the position.
Candidates are required to:
- have obtained a PhD in a discipline relevant to the research project by the time the contract begins.
- have carried out research in a relevant field, having published in good international academic journals.
English speakers are not required to speak Polish.
Applications should be submitted in digital version only. Applications should be sent by email, in the form of a single PDF file named:
LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME.PDF (e.g. URBANIAK-RAFAL.PDF).
Each application should be composed of the following parts (in the following order):
1. Title page with name and contact data (including email address)
2. CV, including a publication list and describing relevant education and research experience,
3. A covering letter describing in ca 1000 words research plans for the next two years,
4. A sample paper, not related to the PhD thesis (if such a paper exists)
5. PhD thesis
6. A scanned copy of the PhD diploma, or an official confirmation that the degree will have been obtained by the time the employment begins (not later than November 30, 2018).
Digital applications are to be sent also by September 15, 2018 to both addresses:
- Application deadline: September 15, 2018
- Potential Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates: September 16-20, 2018
- Decision: September 30, 2018
Applications should be made in English. Incomplete applications will be rejected without further notice. The decision is final with no right to appeal. The University doesn’t provide housing. The University reserves the right to close the hiring process without selecting a candidate, or to extend the application deadline. Candidates whose applications have been rejected will be informed.
Further information about the University of Gdansk can be obtained at: http://en.ug.edu.pl/
Further information about Gdansk can be obtained at: http://www.poland.travel/en/gdansk
For informal inquiries, please contact prof. dr hab. Rafal Urbaniak at email@example.com.